Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Friday 26 February 2010

Hill Tracks Campaign - e-petition

Lynne and I have just signed this important petition at Hilltracks campaign, where you will find details. Wild areas in Scotland are being ruined by the uncontrolled bulldozing of ugly tracks, and the issue has now been taken up by Peter Peacock MSP after Hebe Carus of the MCofS raised the problem with him. Please take a moment to visit the link and consider signing the petition. (Source of information: "Scottish Mountaineer").

9 comments:

afootinthehills said...

Thanks to Laura 'Is Anyone Out There' for signing the petition.

Alan Sloman said...

A good cause - a vital cause!

Thank you for letting us know.

afootinthehills said...

Thanks Alan. Alladale is the next big issue, with their application for a zoo licence probably now lodged with Highland Council.

Piglet said...

Many thanks for the link: I'll go and sign.

Piglet said...

That's a shame :( I went there and signed it and left a message, but then I was asked for a compulsory donation to an organisation I know nothing about. I didn't leave one, so it may be that they've not added my name to the list. If so then so be it :(

Piglet said...

Phew... the signature and comment took. (Apologies for the triple posting.)

afootinthehills said...

Piglet- You can post as many times as you like. It's always a pleasure to hear from you.I haven't heard of anyone else being asked for a donation, compulsory or otherwise. Sorry about that

Thanks for signing.

CF Rich said...

Done! I can't believe they're letting this happen! It's shocking!

I also got asked for a donation but it's not compulsory, your signature has already been registered by the time you see that screen.

afootinthehills said...

As you say,it's shocking and completely unacceptable. Thanks for signing.