Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Stuc a' Chroin and Ben Vorich

Friday 28 June 2013

Wedding anniversary





Wedding anniversary celebrations then a quick turnaround and off to the Lake District.

Unfortunately, the MRI scan of my knee showed a small tear in the posterior horn of the medial meniscus so it looks like the knife later in the year. I had hoped I wouldn't need surgery but the cartilage injury is causing hamstring tendon issues so no such luck. Hopefully I'll manage to enjoy the forthcoming holiday and then September in the Braemar area before I get fixed.

Blogging has taken a back seat of late - to be honest I've lost the habit with all this knee trouble.

Do hope you are all enjoying the 'summer'.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

AlanR said...

Congratulations to you both. And enjoy Cumbria. We are off there on Thursday.

Sorry to hear about the knee injury again.

Alan Sloman said...

Well I suppose this can be looked at as good news?
They know what the problem is and they obviously think they can fix it.

I hope it goes well for you and you enjoy the Lakes & Braemar - you certainly seem to be getting out and about a lot

:-)

afootinthehills said...

Thanks Alan. Have a great time yourselves. I haven't a clue what we'll be able to do!

afootinthehills said...

Hi Alan - the surgeon isn't sure how much difference smoothing the tear will make but you're right, at least there is a chance that something can be done.

All must seem (and is) trivial compared to what you've just gone through.

Phreerunner said...

You have my sympathy with that cartilage problem, Gibson. I'm lucky in that mine seems to come and go, though a trip to the surgeon may be needed after our current trip.
Enjoy the Lakes.